Northeast’s Largest Halloween Party Transforms into Winter Wonderland for Holiday in the Park®
Jackson, NJ — November 7, 2016 — The Northeast’s largest Halloween party, Six Flags Great Adventure’s Fright Fest, magically transforms into a winter wonderland for Holiday in the Park® weekends and select days November 19 through January 2, 2017. More than a million glittering lights, dazzling holiday entertainment, delicious seasonal treats, Santa’s village and many popular rides provide a way for guests to create memorable holiday moments at Six Flags Great Adventure this winter.
Opening for its second season in 2016, Holiday in the Park features two newly-themed sections, new shows, shops, additional rides and a variety of new dining options. The event is included with all Season Passes and active Memberships.
“Guests are awestruck by the beauty of Holiday in the Park,”
— Six Flags Great Adventure President Neal Thurman
“Guests are awestruck by the beauty of Holiday in the Park,” said Six Flags Great Adventure President Neal Thurman. “This festival combines holiday traditions with thrills that are uniquely Six Flags, landing it on every family’s must-do list this winter.”
A multi-sensory feast awaits just inside the gates throughout 12 specially-themed areas of the park. The sights, sounds, scents and experiences are carefully coordinated to provide an incredibly immersive and magical holiday experience.
Signature Holiday in the Park attractions include
- Holiday Magic — A Celebration of the Season — Spectacular light show on a 52-foot-tall tree in the heart of the park that dazzles nightly every 30 minutes through eye-popping effects, stirring music and gently falling snow.
- North Pole — Guests are invited into the warmth of Santa’s home for a meet-and-greet and holiday photos, plus kids can write letters to Santa and even meet a talking reindeer.
- Gingerbread Junction — A giant, inflatable gingerbread man welcomes guests to this whimsical section featuring peppermint swirl-wrapped trees, dancing lights around the carousel pavilion and Dot & Drop’s Holiday Dance Party.
- Joy to the World — Tranquil pathway of warmly lit trees, luminaries and stained glass showcasing religious holidays from around the world.
- Polar Point — Stunning, ice-blue trees twinkle with the illusion of falling snow up above, while the regal Snow Queen meets guests below.
- Poinsettia Peak — Skull Mountain roller coaster has been transformed into a mountain of dazzling red lights with a crimson beauty, the Poinsettia Princess, greeting guests nearby.
- Holiday Fire Pits — Three sections of the park feature wood-burning fire pits that warm the soul and are popular spots for toasting s’mores.
- Holiday Eats —The sweet and savory tastes of the holiday season can be found throughout the park, like spiked egg nog, holiday-flavored coffee and hot chocolate, peppermint and mocha fudge, holiday beers, festive funnel cakes with peppermint eggnog and caramel pecan bacon toppings, specialty holiday platters of sliced turkey, smoked turkey leg and chicken platters with cranberry sauce, chili bowls, harvest salads and flatbreads and hot soups.
- Festive Photo Spots — An antique sleigh, twinkling mistletoe, larger-than-life characters, Santa’s elaborate home, giant greeting card and a new kiddie train are just a few of the fun photo spots guests can preserve their holiday memories.
New in 2016
- Trouble in Toyland — When things go amiss in Santa’s North Pole workshop, Mrs. Claus arrives in the nick of time to make it right with a sprinkle of holiday magic. This live stage production features acrobatics, comedy and surprise special guests in the Showcase Theater.
- Merry Market Place — This newly-themed area offers shops, treats and warm fire pits. Guests can find great stocking stuffers, holiday candies and even build their own swords, Teddy bears and baskets. They can also enjoy delectable Belgian waffles and creamy, hot chocolate.
- Holly Jolly Christmas — This newly-themed area features THE JOKER 4D, free-fly coaster, HARLEY QUINN Crazy Train and Villains Café.
- Holiday Harmonies with Hotsy Totsy — Guests can enjoy the lively harmonies of this New Jersey-based, 1950’s-style vocal trio, celebrating the recent release of their album “Fresh Pineapple.” Saturdays through December 17 in the North Pole, weather permitting.
- Expanded ride package — In addition to nearly 30 favorites like Nitro, BATMAN the Ride and SUPERMAN: Ultimate Flight, guests can now take a spin on THE JOKER, HARLEY QUINN Crazy Train, and soar high above the twinkling lights on the breathtaking Sky Way. All rides are weather permitting. Frontier Adventures including Safari Off Road Adventure, Bugs Bunny National Park and Plaza del Carnaval do not operate during the festival.
- Additional dining options — Guests can enjoy additional eateries like the Snowman City Food Court featuring Ichiban Tea House, Chicken Express and Totally Kickin’ Chicken; Whimsical Wonderland’s Go Fresh Café and the new Macho Nacho in Holiday Memories.
Holiday in the Park Special Events
Holiday in the Park’s opening weekend features two special events Sunday, Nov. 20. The morning begins with the Santa Run 5K race at 11 a.m., and an Elf Run 1K for kids that includes a meet-and-greet with Santa at noon. Tickets and registration are available online. The Holiday Express band will perform from 5 to 7 p.m. free with park admission. Holiday Express is comprised of 1,700 volunteers including more than 100 professional musicians and delivers music, food, gifts, financial support and friendship to those in need during the holiday season.
On December 10, Six Flags will attempt to break the world
kissing under the mistletoe. Guests interested in participating will find more information online at sixflags.com/greatadventure. The Coca-Cola® Polar Bear will make a special appearance that day between 1 and 6 p.m.
The Central Jersey Blood Center will host a holiday blood drive December 11 in the park’s Employment Center from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Guests who donate a pint of blood will receive one theme park ticket valid for Holiday in the Park. Walk-ins are accepted, but appointments are encouraged and available by visiting the web.
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with $1.2 billion in revenue and 18 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 54 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions including up-close animal encounters, Fright Fest® and Holiday in the Park®. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com